At Allison Transmission, our innovative technologies, landfill-free manufacturing processes and industry-leading products are all working toward benefiting the environment – across the globe.
In May 2010, Allison’s hybrid program gained national attention when President Barack Obama and U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood visited Allison’s global headquarters in Indianapolis. During their visit, President Obama and Secretary LaHood recognized Allison and our workforce for a history of technological contributions to the transportation industry, and most recently, for leading the way in hybrid innovations.
It’s estimated that the Allison H40/50 transit bus hybrid propulsion system has saved more than 29 million gallons of diesel fuel and prevented 291,000 metric tons of carbon dioxide from being emitted into the atmosphere.
In addition to our products, we believe in doing our part to be responsible corporate citizens with our facilities and manufacturing processes. That’s why we’ve implemented a range of eco-friendly efforts and projects all over the globe that include the following:
- Ten percent of the power used at our Indianapolis campus is derived from green power – equal to eliminating greenhouse gas emissions from 3,000 automobiles for one year
- Energy-efficient lighting
- Energy-efficient electric motors
- Occupancy sensors
- Low- to no-flow restroom fixtures
- Centralized recycling stations in every plant
- Targeted removal of hazardous waste, including cyanide and aerosol cans
- Outfall isolation values
- Landfill-free status in North America
- Solar/wind turbine lighting in parking lots
- Pervious paving
- Reflective/high-energy roofs
- Energy-efficient integrated window shields with building heating and cooling systems
We’re proud to proactively work toward protecting the environment. Being good stewards of our facilities and products is just another example of our commitment to global corporate citizenship.