Causes We Support
Raising funds for a children’s hospital near our global headquarters in Indianapolis and assisting with the structural refurbishment of an elementary school near our facility in Chennai, India, are just two examples of how we strive to make a positive difference in the communities where we work and live.
Allison Transmission focuses the majority of our philanthropic efforts on children, education and assisting the underprivileged. We’ve also supported disaster relief efforts in China, Haiti, Japan, New York and Indiana.
We believe it is important to reach out to young people and encourage them to consider careers in Science, Technology, Engineering and Manufacturing (STEM). We sponsor educational seminars, host plant tours and financially support local high school scholarship programs that encourage creativity and innovation for college-bound students.
Here are a few of the community organizations which we support:
- Center for Leadership Development
- FIRST Robotics (local student teams)
- Gleaners Food Bank of Indiana
- Hawthorne Community Center
- Indianapolis Public School 14
- Indy BackPack Attack
- Make-A-Wish Foundation
- Riley Hospital for Children at Indiana University Health
- United Negro College Fund
- United Way of Central Indiana
- Wheeler Mission Ministries
- Wish for Our Heroes